Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I Spit on Your Grave 2 (2013) - Review - @BrandonCSites


I Spit on Your Grave 2 (2013) **
D: Steven R. Monroe
C: Joe Absolom, Jemma Dallender, Alexander Aleksiev, Mary Stockley, Michael Dixon  

Plot Synopsis: A young model looking for some new images for her portfolio is attacked, beaten, raped, tortured and even pissed on by some wannabe photographers who even bury her alive. Managing to survive the entire ordeal, she manages to gather enough strength so that she can exact brutal revenge on her attackers. 

Review: I Spit on Your Grave 2, like its predecessor, uses the simplest justification in establishing its scenario. A woman has been beaten, raped & tortured and she needs revenge. What can I say? The rape & torture scenes are painful to sit through. Yet, it's slick and professionally made. There's even some striking imagery. The lead actress, as was the case in the previous entry, wasn't chosen so much for her acting prowess, but for the fact that she was willing to commit to the rape & torture scenes. 

It's practically a remake of the previous entry which was a remake of a film made in 1978, except there's a new setting and a new cast. There's no real merit to it, but somehow or another, I Spit On your Grave 2 must have caught me in the right frame of mind, as I found the revenge scenes practically satisfying. However, following the film, I felt like I needed to take a shower. 

Please note, that this review applies to the R-rated version. I have a feeling that if I had seen the Unrated version instead, that my review would have been considerably different. You know the phrase, less is more, that's never been more true when it comes to a film of this type. [R] 100 mins. / 106 mins.

Reviews for Additional Entries in this Series:

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)
Savage Vengeance [AKA: I Spit on Your Grave 2 (1993)]
I Spit on Your Grave (2010)

|Share|| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment