Monday, December 1, 2014

The Best in Horror - 1978

Welcome, as I (Brandon C. Sites: Critic of Modern Day Horror) take you on a journey back to what I thought was the best in horror for the year 1978. When creating these best of lists, I didn't set any perimeters to the amount of films that I would include in each category. With that in mind, it is possible for there to be zero (yes, zero!) films in any given category if I felt there was nothing worthy of inclusion. On the other hand, if I felt there were 5 or even 10 films worth including in a certain category, ....well then there is going to be 5 or even 10 films in that category. 

My main reason for taking this approach is, because I didn't want to list films as being the best of for the sake of listing films. Also, if I felt that a certain category really stood out in horror for that year, I didn't want to be limited in the amount that I could choose as well.

Picture:

Halloween
Dawn of the Dead
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Piranha
The Fury
Coma 

Director:

John Carpenter - Halloween
George A. Romero - Dawn of the Dead
Brian De Palma - The Fury

Actor:

-----

Actress:

Geneviève Bujold - Coma

Supporting Actor:

Jonathan Scott-Taylor - Damien: Omen II
Lew Ayres - Damien: Omen II
Andrew Stevens - The Fury
Richard Widmark - Coma
John Cassavetes - The Fury

Supporting Actress:

Amy Irving - The Fury

Screenplay:

George A. Romero - Dawn of the Dead
John Carpenter, Debra Hill - Halloween

Cinematography: 

Dean Cundey - Halloween
Richard H. Kline - The Fury

Score:

John Carpenter - Halloween
John Williams - The Fury
Jerry Goldsmith - Damien: Omen II

Editing:

Paul Hirsch - The Fury

Special Effects:

The Fury


-- Agree / Disagree with this review?!? Voice your opinion! Feel free to comment down below -- 

|Share|| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment