Monday, December 1, 2014

The Best in Horror - 1985

Welcome, as I (Brandon C. Sites: Critic of Modern Day Horror) take you on a journey back to what I thought was the best in horror for the year 1978. When creating these best of lists, I didn't set any perimeters to the amount of films that I would include in each category. With that in mind, it is possible for there to be zero (yes, zero!) films in any given category if I felt there was nothing worthy of inclusion. On the other hand, if I felt there were 5 or even 10 films worth including in a certain category, ....well then there is going to be 5 or even 10 films in that category. 

My main reason for taking this approach is, because I didn't want to list films as being the best of for the sake of listing films. Also, if I felt that a certain category really stood out in horror for that year, I didn't want to be limited in the amount that I could choose as well.

Picture:

Fright Night
The Midnight Hour
The Stuff

Director:

Tom Holland - Fright Night

Actor:

Chris Sarandon - Fright Night
Michael Moriarty - The Stuff
James Karen - The Return of the Living Dead

Actress: 

-----

Supporting Actor:

Roddy McDowall - Fright Night
Stephen Geoffreys - Fright Night 

Supporting Actress: 

-----

Screenplay:

Tom Holland - Fright Night 

Cinematography:

Phenomena
Jan Kiesser - Fright Night
Gianlorenzo Battaglia - Demons

Editing:

Kent Bayda - Fright Night 

Score:

Goblin - Phenomena
Brad Fiedel - Fright Night
Claudio Simonetti - Demons
Christopher Young - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy's Revenge

Special Effects:

Day of the Dead
Fright Night
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
The Return of the Living Dead
Demons
Re-Animator

-- Agree / Disagree with this review?!? Voice your opinion! Feel free to comment down below --

|Share|| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment